Wednesday, January 14, 2009

The project file ‘ ‘ has been renamed or is no longer in the solution. In Silverlight.

Recently one of my projects at work was moved to a different SCM. After the move a message box that said “The project file ‘ ‘ has been renamed or is no longer in the solution.” would appear every time we tried to compile the solution. After a while I figured out how to fix this. The solution has a silverlight project; somehow the web app that hosted it got corrupted. The fix was simple right click on the project and click “Properties” and under “Silverlight Applications” tab remove the blank silverlight project and add the intended silverlight project. The code now compiles.

4 comments:

mmfoscar said...

Thx, this issue was really annoying

winnietigrou said...

thanks a lot!

Shouvik-S-Mazumdar said...

Thanx man for d quick fix...

Rajesh said...

Thanks a ton :) I have been fighting with this for over a week now.